Our latest news
Tinubu Square at the 2021 NASBP Virtual Annual Meeting
The focus of the NASBP (National Association of Surety Bond Producers) in the past year has been about being present. Although in-person events have been on hold, it has been vital that we all stay connected...even if it's virtual. Surety bonds are still being produced and our industry has not stopped for one second.
On April 28, 2021, NASBP holds the annual meeting “Present Through the Unprecedented: A Positive Look Towards Our Future” online as the United States has not fully opened up for in-person events quite yet.
2021 NASBP Virtual Annual Meeting Agenda
During this event, the association will celebrate and discuss what it's been like for the surety industry to get through the 2020 pandemic and what's next. The agenda is as follows:
- NASBP President Mark Munekawa, opens the meeting to welcome members, affiliates, associates, and sponsors
- Announcement of the 2021 Bruce T. Wallace Award and John “Jack” J. Curtin, Jr. President’s Award
- NASBP leadership roundtable discussion
- Speaker session on the changes happening in surety and upcoming opportunities
- Announcement of NASBP leadership changes and committee nominations
- Networking sessions hosted by Travelers Bond, Main Street America, Merchants Bonding, and Old Republic Surety
2021 Surety Industry Awards for Excellence
Big congratulations to the following associations and individuals for receiving the NASBP and SFAA Surety Industry Awards for Excellence.
- Advocacy Awards: Florida Surety Association and Surety Association of Georgia
- Silver Awards: Florida Surety Association and San Diego Surety Association
- Platinum Award: Michael Specht, Insurica Southwest
- Tiger Trust: Deborah Anderson, Insurica Southwest
Join Tinubu Square as we sponsor the 2021 NASBP Virtual Annual Meeting and let's connect if you'll be there!